Saturday, April 18, 2009

An interesting couple of days!

Well we had a couple of days if anything. Wednesday was a bad day, the kids were behaving horribly and we had a lot of yelling going on. That night I had some cramping and contracting, but this was after things had settled down quite a bit at our house. Thursday I wo ke up feeling horrible, I have had a really bad sinus infection for a month or so and I felt like crap. Well I had contractions all morning and decided to lie down with a big mug of water and try to get things to slow down. I was down for two hours and nothing let up, so I called the hospital and they wanted me to come in and check things out. Well they classified me as pre-term labor they gave me a ton of medicine to get things to stop, and nothing was helping. So they transported me up to the Uof U and let them take care of me up there. They a lot of poking and proding, which was not fun, the night was ended by me getting a nice shot in the butt of steroids to help develop the babies lungs, just in case we ended up delivering that night or the next morning. They gave me more medicine to stop contractions, and it was finally working, they tripled the dose that Tooele gave me. After going the whole night without a contraction they decided that I wasn't in a lot of danger of having a premature baby. They kept me another night and gave the second steroid shot, just in case. They sent me home today because the contractions and cramps have stopped for now. But they think that the cause of all this trouble is my sinus infection, I had no idea that an infection could throw me into early labor. Right now I am exhausted, even though I had no kids or anyone really around me I got no sleep. As for now they don't want me to be alone too much just in case labor starts up again. Alot of fluids and to pretty much lay around and not do to much. That is going to be very hard because I have a lot to do before I actually do bring Emmet home. We are hoping to carry him three or four more weeks at least. He had better stay where he is and behave himself. We are okay, hanging out and trying not to lose my patience with the kids, I guess stress and pregnancy are a bad mixture. But we will keep you posted on how things are going.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Ahhhhh. You can NOT have him anytime soon! Thats scary. I had no idea. I just thought you weren't at Mcdonald's Day because you guys just went!! I'm sorry. Let me know if I can do anything! Good luck with the 'no stress' thingy. Thats hard with 3 monkeys running around! thanks for the sweet comments on my post! By the way, where are your babies?

Lisa said...

Oh...I'm sorry! Are you at home or are you staying with your mom? Let me know if you need anything!