Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Day one!

It's official, Aaron is finally in Iraq and now we are counting down the days so we can have him home again. I talked to him last night on the phone for the last time and he was in Minnesota waiting to get another flight to Ireland and then from there Iraq. He sounded more anxious then anything. He has a lot of unanswered questions about what life will be like for the next while. He wasn't scared or nervous, unlike me who is terrified and I'm trying to think of it as another training exercise not a war zone. But I know that he will be fine and I hope it flies by for all of us. I really hope he stays busy enough that it will go by quickly. I will keep you all updated on how he is doing and maybe we will get lucky and he can come home early. But for now we wait until we know how we can communicate with eachother. He is supposed to be able to use webcam and the internet and stuff, but we won't know for sure until he gets there and gets settled in. I just want to get it over with quickly.

2 comments:

Leah and Mike said...

I hope he gets to come home early too!! We will cross our fingers for you.

Kerissa ~ said...

Wow ...crazy! You will do good and so will he! What an experience!