Monday, March 23, 2009

Another First For McCoy!

We were at Aaron's mom's house last night hanging out with family when Aaron decided to cut Pay's hair. So I supervised and then put Pay in the shower, then I made the mistake of leaving Aaron unattended with the clippers and my baby. Aaron came in the kitchen with a big grin on his face and I knew what he had done. He cut my baby's hair, I was so mad! I really wanted to cry he doesn't even look the same. Payton has such thick hair but McCoy has hardly any hair at all and it was just starting to get long. Now it is gone! I am getting over it because I know it is just hair and it will grow back, it was just a shock to see him bald, his poor head is so cold now, but Aaron just says "well he likes hats." I could beat him. Aaron also left today to head to Iraq. It was really hard to say goodbye, but it also brought a lot of peace and comfort. I know he will be safe and that our Heavenly Father is watching over all of us. The kids were surprisingly okay with him going. I'm sure that they don't quite understand what is going on, but they know that he will be gone for a long time this time, without visits inbetween. With summer coming and a new baby coming I'm sure it will fly by, I hope it goes by just as quickly for him. We now will start keeping ourselves busy and wait for him to come home, then it will be a whole different kind of stress, with him finding a new job and getting him settled into home life again. We can't wait until this is all over.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

First all, you have to post pictures. If not I'll see him on Friday when we do a Mcd's day!!! YOu know the time and place and tell anyone you want. But I can't wait to see his little man haircut!! I'm sorry Aaron is gone. How you holding up??? Its going to be okay. We are here for you. And it sounds like you guys are doing great with a schedule. It always seem to keep things going smoothly when you have a schedule!

And second, I absolutly LOVE Nash, but Emmett might have to grow on me. But he is your kid and when you know... you know. Hey, Austyn was not anyones favorite and I stuck with it, and look she's totally an Austy!!! I can't wait to see you on Friday!