Friday, March 13, 2009

Be careful about what you say and do in front of your kids.

I learned a lesson about sarcasm the other night. Payton and I were sitting up watching tv and he asked me something that really shocked me. He says "mommy why don't you like daddy very much?" I was taken so off gaurd by that. We are always sarcastic with eachother and jokingly hitting eachother, I never thought that the kids would think that we don't like eachother. I asked him why he thought that I don't like Aaron and he didn't answer me. I explained to him that we love eachother very much and that we both love them and that we feel very blessed and lucky to have them in our lives. It broke my heart to think that he thinks that his parents don't like eachother. Well I am hoping to change the sarcasm in our house. It really showed me how kids see things and we need to be very loving around them and to them. So be careful about what you say and do around your kids.

No comments: