Monday, March 22, 2010

Just A Mom!

I got an email the other day from the kids' school letting all of us families know that they were hiring a couple of people to do miscellaneous things around the school part time. I applied and got asked to come to an interview, woo hoo!! I was a little nervous because it has been a long time since I have done an interview. The first thing she says is "tell me about yourself" I went BLANK!!
I told her that I am married and have 4 kids at home and I have been a stay at home mom for 7 years. She says "that's nice" and waited for me to say more. I did not know what to say....I had no idea what to tell her. I was ready to tell her why they should pick me for the job, why I am most qualified and so on and so forth. But when it comes to who I am and what I do, besides be a mom, I come up blank. I think it is safe to say that I have really lost myself, I don't know who I am anymore. What do I like, what do I like to do, what do I do when I am alone or for fun?? I have no idea...I am sure that I am not the only mom out there that has lost a sense of identity, so my question is how do you find yourself again? I need all the help I can get, any advice for me??

2 comments:

pecked by a duck said...

I know how you feel!!! next time you have a job interview just say you have lots of job experience because you have been a maid, a cook, a nurse a teacher, head caregiver,seamstress, a taxi driver and delivery, a ballet teacher and a financial wizard. That should be enough experience, don't you think?

Brycie @ Reenie Jae Creations said...

I know exactly how you feel! I have a hard time answering the "tell me about yourself" question too. :) It's like hum 10 years ago I could have given a 5 page answer to that, now I come up going ughhhhh, hummm well WHO AM I? That is a mighty fine question.

But deep down I still rememeber WHO I am, even if most of the time I have one hell of a hard time finding ME.

A couple of months ago, I wrote down all the things about me in my journal, that have NOTHING to do with being a Mom or Wife. And I was pretty surprised at what I wrote down. Maybe you should try that. Because it may seem like THAT is all you are, wife, Mom. But that is only 2 of the MILLIONS of things you are. :)