Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oh what a week.

We had a pretty busy week. Between school, ballet, scouts, a babyshower, and a luncheon and visiting teaching this week I am so tired. I was so excited for the weekend but it brought no rest. Although I did get released from scouts and I am now a visiting teaching supervisor, I am very relieved. I enjoyed scouts but with three kids and another one on the way, it was getting a little stressful. I am excited to learn about a new calling and get to know more women in the ward. Now if I could get McCoy to settle down. He came into the living room tonight with chocolate all over him, he had pushed a little chair up to the stove and had eaten about a quarter of a cake that my mom had made. He makes life interesting, thats for sure. We finally made it to our new ward today, it has been hard getting going and there by 9. We went and it was a really good three hours. The kids behaved themselves and I felt the spirit very strongly. In our Gospel Principles class we talked about work and finding joy. Kerissa brought up a really good point and said that she tries to focus on the things that she gets to do and Mike doesn't. For example he has to be gone by 6 and she gets to sleep in until 8. It made me reflect on the last few months with Aaron being gone, it has really taught me a lot. I have been thinking that way when I just want to sulk and feel sorry for myself. It has brought on a whole new appreciation for my husband. Even though being here at home isn't easy and it gets really hard I have it so much better then Aaron does. I have a bed, a house, a bathroom and clean clothes, and most importantly I get the kids. He doesn't really have any of that and he had to listen to us sing happy birhtday to them over the phone. I know how much he misses them and it is only going to get harder for him after I have the baby and he can't be here. A lot of people have said to me "I don't know how you do it" but honestly I don't know how Aaron does it. I think that he is amazing and I hope that we can at least get a new found love and appreciation for each other out of this deployment. My biggest goal is to strive to be a better mom and wife and to better serve my family and I know that I wouldn't be able to achieve that goal without this experience. So as much as I hate it, I am grateful for the lessons that I have learned so far. I hope that Aaron knows that I love him more then anything and I hope that I can make him feel that way by my actions. Sorry for the long post.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

that was a really good post. I need to remember that also. We are so lucky to be able to spend every moment with our kids. Its terrible that Aaron is going to miss the birth of his baby boy! we should be grateful for all we have, well of course we have to be there... hee hee. And this is a hard trial but you will be blessed for it! I love that you have taken time for yourself and taken care of yourself while he's been gone! Good for you. You know what we should do, another craft get together night! That would be awesome. Let me know when that will work and I have Cody keep the kids. We could even do it at my house. Or just a girls night in!

Kerissa ~ said...

You are an amazing person and I hope you know that. I pray for you guys....you both will make it through this and your relationship will be amazing when he gets home. You guys are great!