Thursday, December 31, 2009

There Really is a Santa!!!

Christmas was good, but I have to admit that I was not in the mood for it!! It just didnt feel like Christmas to me this year and I was really sad about my attitude about it!! That all changed on Christmas Eve...... Aaron had to work so we spent most of the day with my family. We were there all day, house locked up tight waiting for Santa, and us, to arrive. Well we came home around 7:30ish, way early for Christmas Eve and had a big surprise waiting for us!! I came in the house first and didnt notice anything out of the ordinary, I went in the bedroom for a minute and Haylee comes running in behind me yelling Santa came Santa came!! I just looked at her like whatev, goof ball!!! But she said come see our tree, so I followed her and low and behold sure enough there sits a boat load of presents under our tree that we did not place there. I was shocked, for one how did I not see that when I came in, and two how did someone get in my very locked up house!!! Yes Christmas was tight, but we were ok, the kids got what was at the top of their lists, minus a few minor things. Well the few minor things is what happened to be a couple of those presents. Another funny thing those things were not mentioned to anyone but me and I didnt say anything either. Anyway the kids were beyond excited and saw fit that we should tear into them right that minute, not gonna happen!!! I made them wait until Christmas morning, mean I know!! But recieving that amazing surprise really changed my attitude and reminded me what Christmas was about!! When I was little my parnts always did a Secret Santa family and I remember helping deliver stuff at night when nobody was around!! I loved it, it was so awesome to know that some kids were going to get the surprise of their lives in the morning. My parents have done an excellent job in teaching us that it is not about yourself and what you want, it is about helping others and serving the ones you love!! Not just at Christmas time but all the time and I try very hard to serve whomever I can!! I hope that I can pass that on to my kids and I think it might be time to get them involved in the Secret Santa business!! But anyway whoever broke into my house and served our family, you know who you are, thank you!! You not only made 4 little children very very happy you brought the Spirit back into our home and made Christmas Christmas again!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!

1 comment:

Ashley Hawkes said...

Mykell, I think as an adult we sometimes lose sight of what it is all about. We have had people surprise us in the past and it really does make you realize what it is all about..great post, you made me cry :b